Italian Language/translations

Question
Dear Maria,

Would you please tell me if the following translations are correct or not:

[1]  Le città d’Italia sono molto belle.
The cities of Italy are very beautiful.

[2]  Andrò presto in Danimarca.
I will soon go to Denmark.

[3]  Egli vive negli Stati Uniti.
He lives in the United States.

[4]  Amo le città della Francia.
I love the cities of France.

In regards to sentence [1] -   “Le città d’Italia sono molto belle” and sentence [4] – “Amo le città della Francia”.

Can you please tell me if it is true that the complementi di specificazioni -  “d’Italia” and “della Francia” in the above sentences  are translated into  English as the “adjective phrases” – “of Italy” and “of France”.

Can you please tell me if it is also be acceptable to say:  
“Le città Italiane sono molto belle” and “Amo le città Francese”   -   using the adjective “Italiane” to modify the noun “città”  and using the adjective “Francese”  to modify the noun “città”.

Is there any special way to determine if I should say “Le città d’Italian sono molto belle” or if I should say “Le città Italiane sono molto belle”  ?  Or, is this just the speaker’s choice and both sentences are equally acceptable?

Lastly, just to make sure I am correct, would you please tell me if the following translations are correct or not:

“Le città Italiane sono molto belle.”  =  The Italian cities are very beautiful.
“Amo le città Francese.”  =  I love the French cities.

Thank you very, very much.

Sincerely,

Rich

Answer
Dear Rich

your translations are correct.
As for the sentences “Le città d’Italia sono molto belle” and  “Amo le città della Francia”, it is true that  the indirect objects “d’Italia” and “della Francia” are “complementi di specificazione” that can be translated into  English as the “adjective phrases” – “of Italy” and “of France”.

Anyway, it is also acceptable to say:  “Le città Italiane sono molto belle” and “Amo le città Francesi” - using the adjectives “Italiane” or “Francesi” to modify the noun “città” , while  there is no special way to determine if you should say “Le città d’Italia sono molto belle” or if you should say “Le città Italiane sono molto belle”,  apart from the speaker’s choice so that both sentences are equally acceptable.

Lastly, the English translations  “The Italian cities are  very beautiful” for “Le città Italiane sono molto belle”  and  “I love the French cities” for “Amo le città Francesi” are correct.

Best regards from Venezia,
Maria

Italian Language

Maria