Italian Language/idiom

How do you say "I DON'T look forward to doing something"

I know you say "Non vedo l'ora di ..." for I DO look forward to but it does not seem right to double the NON and say NON NON vedo l'ora di ..
How do  you say it? I would be grateful for your help

Hello, thank you for this interesting question.

You are right: we don't double the negation and, as a matter of fact, we don't have any negative form corresponding to "non vedo l'ora di...".
We use other expressions like the "non è che..." forms. It's like saying "I couldn't say that...", "It's not really...".
Or we can say "Non impazzisco per...", "Non è che io impazzisca per..." (I don't get crazy for...); "(questo )non mi fa impazzire" (This doesn't drive me crazy) and so on.

For instance, to say  
"I don’t look forward to seeing him, but I don’t wish him bad” we could say
"Non è che impazzisca dalla voglia di vederlo, ma non gli auguro niente di male";

To say
"Right now I'm not looking forward to this afternoon's outing, but I think it will turn out to be fun" we could say
"Adesso come adesso, non è che non veda l'ora di uscire per l'appuntamento di questo pomeriggio, però penso che finirà per essere divertente";

and for
"I do not look forward to being a teenager":
"Non è che impazzisca al pensiero di diventare un adolescente".

Sometimes we also say "non mi auguro che", (I don't whish):
"His athletic ability is something that I don’t look forward to the Cowboys competing against for a lot of years":
"La sua capacità atletica è qualcosa che non mi auguro che i Cowboys debbano affrontare per un bel po' di anni".

There isn't any exact expression matching with "Non vedo l'ora di..." like in the case of "do/don't look forward to...", but these are some possible expressions.

Hope it helps! Good bye,

Italian Language

I read and correct your italian texts, either translations or written compositions. I read or listen to your oral compositions, readings and speechs and help you improve your pronunciation and style. I read and correct also your advertising short and medium texts. I answer questions about Italian language, slang, style, punctuation. I don't answer about dialects and specific local slang.

I'm mother tongue; I graduated at Classic Lyceum (100/100), studying classic Italian language and classic Latin and Greek. The 5 years long daily exercise in translation from ancient Latin and Greek to modern Italian taught me to appreciate a correct italian translation and/or text composition. I graduated at University in Law studies and Jurisprudence, learning to appreciate deep differences between a strictly specific and technical language and other styles. I'm currently PhD candidate in Philosophy of Law. I read fiction, classic novels, philosophical books and papers, legal books and papers.

Read more about Italian -

Italian mother tongue; diploma at Liceo Classico (100/100; year 2001); Laurea at University (110/110 cum laude; year 2008); PhD in Law: Philosophy of Law and Sociology of Law