Italian Language/quasi di conoscerti

Question
Dear Maria,

Would you please help me to understand the meaning and use of “quasi di conoscerti” in the following sentence:

Un’ultima annotazione: in questa mia risposta ti sto dando del “tu” anziché del “Lei” perché ormai mi pare quasi di conoscerti, sia pure a distanza.

Would you also please tell me if “quasi” is being used as a subordinating conjunction that means:  “as if”

Would you also please tell me why the preposition “di” is placed before the verb “conoscerti”.

Would you also please tell me if “conoscerti” is being used as a transitive verb that means:   "to know you"

Thank you very much.  I very much appreciate your help.

Sincerely,

Rich

Answer
Dear Rich

in my sentence “Un’ultima annotazione: in questa mia risposta ti sto dando del “tu” anziché del “Lei” perché ormai mi pare quasi di conoscerti, sia pure a distanza” the word “quasi” is being used as an adverb meaning “almost”, not as a subordinating conjunction meaning “as if” that we find in sentences like “Ero molto in ansia, quasi prevedessi ciò che stava per accadere” (I was very anxious, as if I anticipated what was about to happen).

As for  the preposition “di”, it  is placed before the verb “conoscerti”, but it depends on “mi pare” meaning “I think”/”I seem”, while  the infinitive “conoscerti” (composed of “conoscere+the enclitic pronominal particle “ti “) is being used as a transitive verb that means: "to know you".

In short, “mi pare quasi di conoscerti” means “I think I almost know you” or “I seem to almost know you “.

Best regards,
Maria

Italian Language

Maria