Italian Language/lyric meaning and translation

The lyrics in the very first line of the song "Torna a Sorriento" can be "Vir'o mare quant'e bello". I'm confused by the ending of the word "Torna" and the meaning of the word "Vir'o". Can you translate and explain?

Michael, this song is written in Neapolitan dialect, in which I am certainly no expert, however I can tell you that "torna"is from Italian "tornare" or "ritornare" which means to return.
"Vir'o mare quant'e bello" is dialect for more or less "look at the sea, how beautiful it is"..

Italian Language

Chris Platamone

I can answer all basic to advanced grammar questions. Italian is not my native tongue, but I have an excellent handle on all things grammatical and can help people bridge the gap between English and Italian by teaching Italian grammar from the English-speaker's point of view.

I attended school in Florence, Italy for 1 and a half years.

I am already an expert on is a new application because my email address has changed.

I have published a translation of a short story in an anthology of Italian women writers, and I have had a letter published on the web site of Italian journalist Beppe Severgnini.

Bachelor's degree, Italian language and literature, San Francisco State University, 1984. Secondary Teaching Credential, San Francisco State University, 1990.

I have taught hundreds of students in both high school and adult education classes over the past 18 years.