Italian Language/use of "tale" and "anche"

Question
Dear Maria,  

My question is about the following sentence:

di solito il comparativo dell’aggettivo “buono”  sta  dopo il nome cui si riferisce, ma talvolta può essere posto anche prima di tale nome.
usually the comparative of the adjective “buono” is after the noun which it refers to, but sometimes it can also be placed before such a noun.

Can you please tell me if my translation is correct.

Can you also please tell me if I am correct in thinking that “tale” is an adjective that means “such” and also if -  ‘tale nome” (no Italian indefinite article)   can be translated as-  “such a noun” (includes English indefinite article).  

I am also wondering about the placement of the adverb “anche”.  I always have a very difficult time knowing where to place “anche” in an Italian sentence.   I was just wondering if “anche” could also have been placed elsewhere  in this sentence.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Rich

Answer
Dear Rich,

your translation is correct.
Also, you are correct in thinking that “tale” is an adjective that means “such” and that -"tale nome” (no Italian indefinite article)  translates  as-  “such a noun” (includes English indefinite article).

As for the placement of the adverb “anche”, it often depends on the speaker’s choice.
For example you can say:” Di solito il comparativo dell’aggettivo “buono”  sta  dopo il nome cui si riferisce, ma talvolta può essere posto anche prima di tale nome” [where ANCHE  modifies the preposition “prima”] as well as “Di solito il comparativo dell’aggettivo “buono”  sta  dopo il nome cui si riferisce, ma talvolta può anche  essere posto prima di tale nome” [where ANCHE modifies the passive infinitive  “essere posto”.

Anyway, apart from the above mentioned cases , “anche” could not  be placed elsewhere  in this sentence.

Best regards,

Maria

Italian Language

Maria