Italian Language/meaning of : "barattoli di foggia"

Dear Lauren,

I am also trying to understand the meaning of “barattoli di foggia” in the same  sentence from my previous question:

“Quando preparo i pepperoni da mettere in conserva uso i vecchi barattoli di foggia.”

Is “di foggia” (of style) an example of  a “complemento di specificazione”  that is being used to modify the noun “barattoli” (jar, can)?

Can you please tell me how to translate “barattoli di foggia” ?

Thank you.

Hi Rich,

Just realised that I answered this question in my previous answer.

'Barattoli' is a name for canned peppers and 'Foggia' is the region in Puglia where they come from. It is interchangeable so likewise, if they came from Rome, we could say 'barattoli di Roma'

Hope this helps,
Kind regards,

Italian Language

Lauren O' Hagan

Although not my mother tongue, I have spoken Italian fluently for more than 12 years so I am very confident to answer any questions about the Italian language. I am also competent in Roman Dialect if there are any questions relating to this.

MA Applied Linguistics First Class Honours in Modern Language Studies (Linguistics, Italian, Spanish) Received the top grade in the whole of UK for GCSE Italian, receiving a letter of congratulations from the Italian Consulate Completed my two-year A Level in 1 year with a grade A country. Carried out many translation jobs for a wide range of clients and topics including self-help, literature and exam papers. For personal reference, I have also translated Federico Moccia's Tre Metri Sopra Il Cielo and 2 of Francesco Totti's book.

El Pensador, University of Bristol

See expertise section

Letter of recognition from the Italian consulate MA Applied Linguistics BA Hons Modern Language Studies CELTA qualified C1 CILS C2 DELE

ZigZag Education Ultimate Lifestyle Project Victor Lujan