Italian Language/meaning of : "barattoli di foggia"

Question
Dear Lauren,

I am also trying to understand the meaning of “barattoli di foggia” in the same  sentence from my previous question:

“Quando preparo i pepperoni da mettere in conserva uso i vecchi barattoli di foggia.”

Is “di foggia” (of style) an example of  a “complemento di specificazione”  that is being used to modify the noun “barattoli” (jar, can)?

Can you please tell me how to translate “barattoli di foggia” ?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Rich

Answer
Hi Rich,

Just realised that I answered this question in my previous answer.

'Barattoli' is a name for canned peppers and 'Foggia' is the region in Puglia where they come from. It is interchangeable so likewise, if they came from Rome, we could say 'barattoli di Roma'

Hope this helps,
Kind regards,
Lauren

Italian Language

Lauren O' Hagan