Italian Language/subjunctive and "che"

Italian reader wrote at 2013-05-09 19:08:29
Please note that in "Spero non ti dispiaccia" instead of "Spero che non ti dispiaccia" the subjunctive is not preceded by the conjunction "che" simply because from the style point of view the phrase "Spero non ti dispiaccia" is more fluent and then better than "Spero che non ti dispiaccia" where the "che" makes this sentence less flowing and elegant.

Also, be sure that to say "nonostante piovesse " is better than to use the "che"  in "nonostante che piovesse" which sounds quite heavy, indeed!  

Italian Language

I read and correct your italian texts, either translations or written compositions. I read or listen to your oral compositions, readings and speechs and help you improve your pronunciation and style. I read and correct also your advertising short and medium texts. I answer questions about Italian language, slang, style, punctuation. I don't answer about dialects and specific local slang.

I'm mother tongue; I graduated at Classic Lyceum (100/100), studying classic Italian language and classic Latin and Greek. The 5 years long daily exercise in translation from ancient Latin and Greek to modern Italian taught me to appreciate a correct italian translation and/or text composition. I graduated at University in Law studies and Jurisprudence, learning to appreciate deep differences between a strictly specific and technical language and other styles. I'm currently PhD candidate in Philosophy of Law. I read fiction, classic novels, philosophical books and papers, legal books and papers.

Read more about Italian -

Italian mother tongue; diploma at Liceo Classico (100/100; year 2001); Laurea at University (110/110 cum laude; year 2008); PhD in Law: Philosophy of Law and Sociology of Law