Italian Language/gelateria

Is it correct to write the phrase " l'arte del gelato" as a slogan for my gelateria?

Hello Noha,

"l'arte del gelato" is correct and sounds very good: perfect choice!
It literally means "the art of ice cream" - but I'm sure you already know this! -. It's a quite common and popular phrase for ice cream shops here in Italy too. It underlines the value of care and passion for genuine tradition, fine recipes, taste and creativity.
Italy is quite famous for art, history, museums... so it also sounds like a homage to Italian art and beauties.
Are you decorating the shop with art pictures from Italy, too?

Thank you for your question and good luck for your (delicious) business and art!

Italian Language

I read and correct your italian texts, either translations or written compositions. I read or listen to your oral compositions, readings and speechs and help you improve your pronunciation and style. I read and correct also your advertising short and medium texts. I answer questions about Italian language, slang, style, punctuation. I don't answer about dialects and specific local slang.

I'm mother tongue; I graduated at Classic Lyceum (100/100), studying classic Italian language and classic Latin and Greek. The 5 years long daily exercise in translation from ancient Latin and Greek to modern Italian taught me to appreciate a correct italian translation and/or text composition. I graduated at University in Law studies and Jurisprudence, learning to appreciate deep differences between a strictly specific and technical language and other styles. I'm currently PhD candidate in Philosophy of Law. I read fiction, classic novels, philosophical books and papers, legal books and papers.

Read more about Italian -

Italian mother tongue; diploma at Liceo Classico (100/100; year 2001); Laurea at University (110/110 cum laude; year 2008); PhD in Law: Philosophy of Law and Sociology of Law