Italian Language/use of "su Internet"

Question
Dear Maria,

Can you please help me translate:   “su Internet” .

Does “su Internet” means “on the Internet” ?     

Or,  does “su Internet” means “on-line” ?

I was also wondering how to translate “su Internet” in the following sentence:

Sono lieta che tu abbia trascorso una serena Pasqua insieme a tutta la tua famiglia e mi fa piacere che tu abbia visto Pieve di Cento su Internet.

Can you please tell me which of the following translations is correct:

I am happy that you spent a peaceful Easter together with your family and I am pleased that you have visited Pieve di Cento on the Internet.

I am happy that you spent a peaceful Easter together with your family and I am pleased that you have visited Pieve di Cento on-line.

I hope you will not mind one last question about this subject.  Will the definite article always be omitted after the preposition “su” before the noun  “internet” ?

Thank you very, very much.  

Sincerely,

Rich

Answer
Dear Rich,

the Italian expression “su Internet” means exactly “on the Internet”, though it can also mean  “on line”.

Therefore my sentence “Sono lieta che tu abbia trascorso una serena Pasqua insieme a tutta la tua famiglia e mi fa piacere che tu abbia visto Pieve di Cento su Internet” translates correctly as either “I am happy that you spent a peaceful Easter together with your family and I am pleased that you have visited Pieve di Cento on the Internet” or “I am happy that you spent a peaceful Easter together with your family and I am pleased that you have visited Pieve di Cento on line”.

As for the definite article after the preposition “su” before the noun  “internet”, it must always be omitted and then you must always say "su Internet" without the article.

Best regards,
Maria  

Italian Language

Maria