Italian Language/Italian translation

QUESTION: Dear Ms. O' Hagan,

Please would you translate this message for me from English to Italian? The message is:

"I don't have a friend in Italy, but would you consider selling me the VHS anyway? Do you have a "Paypal" account? €50 is about all I can afford, so would that include postage?
Also, I'm not trying to be rude, but if I pay you the €50, how can I be certain that you will actually send me the VHS?
Let me know what you think.
Best regards,

Thank you very, very much for your time and help!

ANSWER: Hi Ashley,

Thanks for your question. The translation is as follows:

Non ho un amico in Italia ma Lei considerebbe vendermi il video in ogni caso? Ha un conto di Paypal? Il massimo che mi posso permettere è €50. Questo anche includerebbe le spese di spedizione?

Inoltre, non voglio sembrare scortese ma se io pagassi €50, come potrei essere sicuro che mi manderà il video?

Per favore mi faccia sapere cosa pensa.

Hope this helps,
Kind regards,

QUESTION: Dear Ms O' Hagan,

Thank you so much for your help with my first translation. Please will you translate another message for me? The message is:

"So, will you sell me the VHS?

I will pay €50, plus postage, if you have a PayPal account. That is my one condition – I must request that we do this through PayPal.

Please let me know if you will sell me the VHS."

Thank you so much for your help.

Best wishes,

Hi Ashley,

Sure, no problem. The translation is as follows:

Quindi mi venderà il video?

Pagherò €50 in aggiunta alle spese di spedizione se Lei ha un conto di Paypal. Questo è la mia unica condizione - che facciamo questo accordo via Paypal.

Per favore mi faccia sapere se mi venderà il video.

Hope this helps,
Kind regards,

Italian Language

Lauren O' Hagan

Although not my mother tongue, I have spoken Italian fluently for more than 12 years so I am very confident to answer any questions about the Italian language. I am also competent in Roman Dialect if there are any questions relating to this.

MA Applied Linguistics First Class Honours in Modern Language Studies (Linguistics, Italian, Spanish) Received the top grade in the whole of UK for GCSE Italian, receiving a letter of congratulations from the Italian Consulate Completed my two-year A Level in 1 year with a grade A country. Carried out many translation jobs for a wide range of clients and topics including self-help, literature and exam papers. For personal reference, I have also translated Federico Moccia's Tre Metri Sopra Il Cielo and 2 of Francesco Totti's book.

El Pensador, University of Bristol

See expertise section

Letter of recognition from the Italian consulate MA Applied Linguistics BA Hons Modern Language Studies CELTA qualified C1 CILS C2 DELE

ZigZag Education Ultimate Lifestyle Project Victor Lujan