Italian Language/translation

Question
What does tbe phrase manca poco mean? The words "manca poco" were posted next to a caricature of a man and a woman holding champagne glasses. The man had his arm around the woman, like a boyfriend and girlfriend.

Answer
Dear Michele,

I must sincerely apologize for this extremely long delay.
I couldn't see your question at first; then, until now, I had forgotten to read an e-mail alert that I had received.
I really need some rest and holiday, I think. But this doesn't justify the situation: I am very sorry.
Here is the answer to your question, in case you could be still interested in it.
From the given description, the phrase "manca poco" could be either about a first year's eve cheering (like to say that it's almost midnight), or the celebrating of some other event like an official engagement, a marriage or, maybe less likely, an anniversary.
It could be whatever kind of inauguration, the Italian expression "manca poco" could fit anyway.
In fact "manca poco" means "almost there" or "it doesn't take much longer (now)".
It means that the time lasting (manca) between this moment an an awaited instant is very little ("poco").

Sorry again. My best regards,

Paolin  

Italian Language

Paolin