Italian Language/adverbs

Dear Chris,

I was wondering if you could tell me if there are any special rules or guidelines to follow for the placement of adverbs with verbs in the passive voice.  

In the past,  I have learned that adverbs are usually placed after the past participle in a compound tense (such as the passato prossimo used in the active voice) rather than between the auxiliary verb and the past participle.

Would this be the same for the passive voice?  Are adverbs usually placed after the past participle used to form the passive voice?

Thank you.

P.S.  It has been a while since I asked you a question   -  I hope all has been well with you.

Hi Rich, always nice to hear from you.
I am going over all the possibilities in my head both for active and passive voice and I have to tell you nothing jumps out at me as grammatically incorrect or even awkward as far as word order is concerned. I think Italian is that way--words play a certain grammatical role and the actual word order becomes less important. By this I mean that word order becomes only a matter of style, or emphasis that you want to give to certain words.
So I would not fret over this too much, but as always, if you want to give me specific examples that you have constructed or found somewhere, I'll be happy to comment on them...and if they require the more sensitive ear of a native speaker I'll tell you that.

Italian Language

Chris Platamone

I can answer all basic to advanced grammar questions. Italian is not my native tongue, but I have an excellent handle on all things grammatical and can help people bridge the gap between English and Italian by teaching Italian grammar from the English-speaker's point of view.

I attended school in Florence, Italy for 1 and a half years.

I am already an expert on is a new application because my email address has changed.

I have published a translation of a short story in an anthology of Italian women writers, and I have had a letter published on the web site of Italian journalist Beppe Severgnini.

Bachelor's degree, Italian language and literature, San Francisco State University, 1984. Secondary Teaching Credential, San Francisco State University, 1990.

I have taught hundreds of students in both high school and adult education classes over the past 18 years.