Italian Language/verbs

Question
Dear Maria,

Would you please tell me if the following is correct:

In the sentence - “...il verbo “riportare” può essere usato come sinonimo ...” the verb  “può essere usato” (can be used)  is an example of the present passive infinitive of the verb “usato”.

In the sentence - “Questa casa è stata valutata un milione di euro” (This house has been appraised at a million euro) the verb “è stata valutata” is an example of the passato prossimo of the verb valutare in the passive voice,   and  both “stata” and “valutata” are inflected in the feminine so as to agree with the feminine subject of this sentence which is “casa”  

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Rich

Answer
Dear Rich,

in the verb form “può essere usato “(can be used)”  the infinitive “essere usato”  is  exactly an example of the present passive infinitive of the verb “usare”.

Also, in the sentence “Questa casa è stata valutata un milione di euro” (This house has been appraised at a million euro) the verb “è stata valutata” is an example of the passato prossimo of the verb "valutare" in the passive voice,  and  both the past participles “stata” and “valutata” are inflected in the feminine so as to agree with the feminine subject of this sentence which is “casa”, just as you say.

In short, you have understood correctly the morphology of the above-mentioned verbs.

Kind regards,
Maria

Italian Language

Maria