Italian Language/use of "parrucchiera"

Question
Dear Maria,

Would you please tell me if the following translations are correct or not:

Era dalla parrucchiera.
She was at the hairdresser’s.

Era nel negozio/salone della parrucchiera.
She was at the beauty shop.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Rich

Answer
Dear Rich,

Both “Era dalla parrucchiera” (She was at the hairdresser’s) and  “Era nel negozio/salone della parrucchiera”( She was at the hairdresser’s shop / hairdressing salon”) are correct.

I have however to tell you that “She was at the beauty shop”  would correspond to “Era nel salone di bellezza” referring to a shop/salon where you can get a particular service, especially connected with beauty.

In Italian, in fact, “il negozio/ salone della parrucchiera”, where the hairdresser cuts people's hair and puts it into a style, is different from “il salone di bellezza”, where you can get a particular service, especially connected with beauty so that face and body can be given special treatments to improve their appearance.

Best regards,

Maria  

Italian Language

Maria