Italian Language/use of: "da noi"

Question
Dear Maria,

Would you please help me with the use and meaning of the stressed pronoun “noi” in the following sentence:  “Venite da noi a pranzo?”

Although this sentence literally means - “Will you come to us for lunch?”, I was wondering if another acceptable translation could be - “Will you come to our house for lunch?”  

Would you please tell me if this is an acceptable translation?

Can you please tell me if “da noi” is an elliptical phrase that is commonly used to mean “to our house”?   

If “yes”, can you also please tell me if there exist other elliptical phrases composed of the preposition “da” and “stressed pronouns” that have special meanings.  For example, would “da loro” mean “to their house”?

Thank you so much for your help with these questions.  As always, I very much appreciate your help.

Sincerely,

Rich

Answer
Dear Rich,

“Venite da noi a pranzo?”, literally meaning - “Will you come to us for lunch?”, can also be translated as - “Will you come to our house for lunch?”  which is an acceptable translation, of course, since “da noi” is just an elliptical expression that is commonly used to mean “to our house” (with a verb of motion such as “to come”) or “at our house” (with a verb denoting a place where you stay) as in “Lei è da  sua madre in questo momento” (She’s at her mother’s now/She’s at her mother’s house now).

Here are  other elliptical expressions composed of the preposition “da” and “stressed pronouns” that have special meanings:

-“da me” meaning “to my house”/”at my house” as in “Verrà da me ” (He will come to my house) or “Starà da me” (He will stay at my house);

-”da  te”   meaning “to your  house”/”at your house”  as in “Verrà da te ” (He will come to your house) or “Starà da te” (He will stay at your house);

-“da lui” meaning “to his house” / “at his house” as in “Verrà da lui ” (He will come to his house) or “Starà da lui” (He will stay at his house);

-“da lei” meaning “to her house” / “at her house” as in “Verrà da lei ” (He will come to her house) or “Starà da lei” (He will stay at her house);

-“da noi” meaning “to our house”/”at our house” as in “Verrà da noi ” (He will come to our house) or “Starà da noi” (He will stay at our house);

-“da voi” meaning “to your house” /”at your house” as in “Verrà da voi  ” (He will come to your house) or “Starà da voi” (He will stay at your house);

-“da loro” meaning “to their house”/”at their house” as in "Andrò da loro" (I'll go to their house) or  “Mi fermerò a dormire da loro”( I'll spend the night at their  house).

Best regards,

Maria

Italian Language

Maria