Italian Language/definite article

Question
Dear Maria,  

Thank you for your help and patience with my many questions concerning this subject area.  I can never thank you enough.

Just to make sure that I now understand, would you please verify for me that it would be acceptable to say the following sentence  -   “Mia sorella porta vestiti”  (without placing the definite article before the word vestiti)  when this sentence is used by itself  -  not  in conjunction with the other sentence about boys and pants.  

In other words -  is it acceptable to say  “Mia sorella porta vestiti”  just to state that in general my sister wears dresses?  

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Rich

Answer
Dear Rich,

it is not acceptable  at all to say “Mia sorella porta vestiti”  (without placing the definite article before the word “vestiti”) when this sentence is used by itself - not  in conjunction with the other sentence about boys and pants (see my previous answer concerning this subject area).

In other words – it  is not  acceptable to say  “Mia sorella porta vestiti”  just to state that in general my sister wears dresses, since in Italian a correct wording would be “Mia sorella indossa/porta dei vestiti”.

Hope I have helped you enough.

Kind regards,

Maria

Italian Language

Maria