Italian Language/iuse of prepositions

Question
Dear Maria,

Can you please tell me if it matters whether or not the preposition “in” or the preposition “a” is used when talking about where a person works.

For example, is it acceptable to use either the preposition “a” or the preposition “in” as shown in the following sentences that refer to persons working in a park, hospital, and restaurant.

[1]  “Gli uomiuni lavorano al parco.”
The men work at the park.   The men work in the park.   

[2]  “Gli uomini lavorano nel parco.”    

[3]  “Il medico lavora all’ospedale.”
The doctor works at the hospital.   The doctor works in the hospital.

[4]  “Il medico lavora in ospedale.”

[5]  “Le donne lavorano al ristorante.”    
The women work at the restaurant.  The women work in the restaurant.

[6]  “Le donne lavorano nel ristorante.”

Can you also please tell me if both translations are correct for each of the above examples.  I am trying to make sure that it is correct to translate both the preposition “a” and the preposition “in” as either “at” or “in” as shown in the above examples.  

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Rich

Answer
Dear Rich,

it  does not matter whether or not the preposition “in” or the preposition “a” is used when talking about where a person works.

So, is it acceptable to use either the preposition “a” or the preposition “in” as shown in the  sentences that refer to persons working in a park, hospital, and restaurant.

Also, I think that that it is correct to translate both the preposition “a” and the preposition “in” as either “at” or “in” as shown in the above examples that you mention, though I do not know well the nuances of English language.

Best regards,

Maria

Italian Language

Maria