Italian Language/Proper usage of....

I'd like to how how to properly use dell'anima and dall'anima in reference to things that I do. For example is my food "from the soul" or "of the soul"?

Thank you,

Either way is correct Dave, depending on what you really mean to say.
dall'anima= from the soul
dell'anima= of the soul
per l'anima= for the soul

I think that "of the soul" sounds awkward whether in Italian or English, so I would be more inclined to say either from the soul or for the soul depending on the context.

Italian Language

Chris Platamone

I can answer all basic to advanced grammar questions. Italian is not my native tongue, but I have an excellent handle on all things grammatical and can help people bridge the gap between English and Italian by teaching Italian grammar from the English-speaker's point of view.

I attended school in Florence, Italy for 1 and a half years.

I am already an expert on is a new application because my email address has changed.

I have published a translation of a short story in an anthology of Italian women writers, and I have had a letter published on the web site of Italian journalist Beppe Severgnini.

Bachelor's degree, Italian language and literature, San Francisco State University, 1984. Secondary Teaching Credential, San Francisco State University, 1990.

I have taught hundreds of students in both high school and adult education classes over the past 18 years.