Italian Language/use of: "i più"

Question
Dear Maria,

Would you please tell me if I am correct to think that “i più” (most) is being used as the relative superlative form of the adverb “molto” (much) in the following statement:

“I miei più cordiali saluti”

If “yes”, would you also please tell me if the following translation is correct or not:

“I miei più cordiali saluti”  =  “My most cordial regards”

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Rich

Answer
Dear Rich,

In “I miei più cordiali saluti”  there is the relative superlative form of the adjective  “cordiale” whose relative superlative is composed of the adverb “più”, which is the comparative of  “molto” (much), and the definite article “il/lo/la" in the masculine/feminine singular, and "i/gli/le” in the masculine/feminine plural.

As for the English translation of “I miei più cordiali saluti”,  it is exactly  “My most cordial regards”, as you say.

Have a nice day,

Maria  

Italian Language

Maria