Italian Language/"mi" e/o "a me"

Question
Dear Maria,

Can you please tell me if there is any difference between the following two Italian sentences:

La tua risposta mi di grande aiuto.  (Your answer is very helpful to me)

La tua risposta di grande aiuto a me.  (Your answer is very helpful to me)

I am trying to determine if it is acceptable to use both the indirect object pronoun mi and the stressed pronoun a me to express to me.    

Can you please tell me if it is acceptable to use both methods?  Or, is one or the other method more correct?

Thank you very, very much.

Very Sincerely,  

Rich

Answer
Dear Rich,

The correct form is La tua risposta mi di grande aiuto with the indirect object pronoun mi.

As for La tua risposta di grande aiuto a me, it is nothing but the literal translation of the English sentence Your answer is very helpful to me which however is not acceptable in Italian .

To sum up, it is not acceptable to use both the indirect object pronoun mi and the stressed pronoun a me to express to me in the example that you mention and then  the method more correct is to use the indirect object pronoun mi instead of the stressed pronoun a me.

All the best,

Maria

Italian Language

Maria