Italian Language/Grammar possession

Question
We are learning as a small group and have a difference of opinion with regard to family members and possession. I understand the article should be omitted for close relatives unless they are pluralised or have an adjective but which relatives are classed as close. I understand it it omitted for mum,dad,brother,sister,children,aunt,uncle, but others in the group extend this to grandparents, in laws, cousins and nieces nephews etc. can you please clarify exactly which relatives should omit and which should exclude. Many thanks!

Answer
Hello,Louise!

Sorry for late reply!

The article is omitted even with members of extended family,as well as cognato/a (brother/sister-in-law), nuora (daughter-in-law), suocero/a (father/mother-in-law) etc. In Italy,they are all considered family.

I hope this helps.

Jelena

Italian Language

Jelena