Italian Language/Help with meaning and pronunciation

I looked all over on the internet but did not find an answer to my questions and was hoping you could help me out.
First, just to double-check, is it grammatically correct to use "Sparici!" as the Italian equivalent of the English slang expression for telling somebody (male and female) to "get lost!" or "beat it!"  Is this about the same level of rudeness as the English equivalent?
Second, how do you pronounce it?  If you could spell it out phonetically for me, that would be great. Thanks so much for your time.  
Cheers, Beth

Beth, what you are referring to is "Sparisci!"
Pronounce it "Spa-reeshee".
It means literally "Disappear!" so yes, it is about the same level of rudeness as it's English counterparts like Beat it or get lost!
Just like in English, don't say it unless you mean it!

Italian Language

Chris Platamone

I can answer all basic to advanced grammar questions. Italian is not my native tongue, but I have an excellent handle on all things grammatical and can help people bridge the gap between English and Italian by teaching Italian grammar from the English-speaker's point of view.

I attended school in Florence, Italy for 1 and a half years.

I am already an expert on is a new application because my email address has changed.

I have published a translation of a short story in an anthology of Italian women writers, and I have had a letter published on the web site of Italian journalist Beppe Severgnini.

Bachelor's degree, Italian language and literature, San Francisco State University, 1984. Secondary Teaching Credential, San Francisco State University, 1990.

I have taught hundreds of students in both high school and adult education classes over the past 18 years.