Italian Language/active and passive voice

Dear Lauren,

Would you please tell me if the following sentences are correct or not.

Active Voice:   Rich ha mangiato la torta.  (Rich ate the cake)

Passive Voice:     La torta stato mangiato da Rich.  (The cake was eaten by Rich)

Thank you.

Hi Rich,

Nice to hear from you! Hope you have been well.

Yes, I can confirm that they are both correct:
The active voice is shown by the avere + past participle, whereas the passive is formed by the past of essere ' stato' + the past participle of mangiare - mangiato. Well done!

Best wishes,

Italian Language

Lauren O' Hagan

Although not my mother tongue, I have spoken Italian fluently for more than 12 years so I am very confident to answer any questions about the Italian language. I am also competent in Roman Dialect if there are any questions relating to this.

MA Applied Linguistics First Class Honours in Modern Language Studies (Linguistics, Italian, Spanish) Received the top grade in the whole of UK for GCSE Italian, receiving a letter of congratulations from the Italian Consulate Completed my two-year A Level in 1 year with a grade A country. Carried out many translation jobs for a wide range of clients and topics including self-help, literature and exam papers. For personal reference, I have also translated Federico Moccia's Tre Metri Sopra Il Cielo and 2 of Francesco Totti's book.

El Pensador, University of Bristol

See expertise section

Letter of recognition from the Italian consulate MA Applied Linguistics BA Hons Modern Language Studies CELTA qualified C1 CILS C2 DELE

ZigZag Education Ultimate Lifestyle Project Victor Lujan