Italian Language/help with writing

Question
QUESTION: Dear Maria,

Would you please help me with the following sentences:
“Grazie anche di i tuoi auguri di Pasqua.  Quello era molto gentile e pensiero gentile di te.  Mia moglie e io anche ti auguriamo una Pasqua benedetta.”

I was trying to write the following:
“Thank you also for your Easter wishes.  That was very kind and thoughtful of you.  My wife and I also wish you a blessed Easter.”

Thank you very, very much.

Sincerely,

Rich

ANSWER: Dear Rich,

actually you should have written :”Grazie degli auguri di Pasqua. Il tuo è stato davvero un pensiero gentile. Anche mia moglie ed io ti auguriamo una Santa Pasqua”.

All the best,

Maria

QUESTION: Dear Maria,

Thank you for your help with this question.  I really appreciate the opportunity to learn the correct way to express these thoughts in Italian. This is just such a fantastic learning experience for me!   I just cannot thank you enough.

I hope you will not mind a follow-up question.  Would you please tell me if my understanding of the following sentence is correct:

“Il tuo è stato davvero un pensiero gentile.”
Translation = Yours was a really kind thought.

il tuo = possessive pronoun (yours) / subject of sentence
è stato = passato prossimo (was) of essere
davvero = adverb (really)
pensiero = masculine noun (thought) / predicate noun
gentile = adjective (kind)

I was also wondering if this sentence could be written as:
“La tua è stata davvero un pensiero gentile.

I have been trying to determine if the sentence could be inflected in the feminine if the person who had the kind thought was a woman.

Thank you so very much for your help.

Sincerely,

Rich

Answer
Dear Rich,

your  understanding  and translation of the sentence “Il tuo è stato davvero un pensiero gentile”  are correct.
But this sentence could not be written as:“La tua è stata davvero un pensiero gentile”, because the possessive pronoun “Il tuo” in “Il tuo è stato davvero un pensiero gentile”  implies the masculine singular noun “pensiero” and then it must be inflected in the masculine singular, irrespective of who is the person (a woman, e.g.) who had the kind thought.

Hope this is clear enough.

Have a nice day,

Maria

Italian Language

Maria