Italian Language/follow-up

Dear Lauren,

Is there a way to say “follow-up question” in Italian?

For example, would you please tell me how to say:
“I hope you don’t mind a follow-up question.”

Thank you.

Hi Rich,

There is no set way really to say this in Italian. I think the example that you gave before 'spero che non ti dispiaccia un’altra domanda' is the best way to capture this.

There are a few other similar ways that I could suggest too:
Spero che non ti dispiaccia una domanda supplementare
Spero che non ti dispiaccia una domanda di approfondimento

Hope this helps,
Kind regards,

Italian Language

Lauren O' Hagan

Although not my mother tongue, I have spoken Italian fluently for more than 12 years so I am very confident to answer any questions about the Italian language. I am also competent in Roman Dialect if there are any questions relating to this.

MA Applied Linguistics First Class Honours in Modern Language Studies (Linguistics, Italian, Spanish) Received the top grade in the whole of UK for GCSE Italian, receiving a letter of congratulations from the Italian Consulate Completed my two-year A Level in 1 year with a grade A country. Carried out many translation jobs for a wide range of clients and topics including self-help, literature and exam papers. For personal reference, I have also translated Federico Moccia's Tre Metri Sopra Il Cielo and 2 of Francesco Totti's book.

El Pensador, University of Bristol

See expertise section

Letter of recognition from the Italian consulate MA Applied Linguistics BA Hons Modern Language Studies CELTA qualified C1 CILS C2 DELE

ZigZag Education Ultimate Lifestyle Project Victor Lujan