Italian Language/la linea guida

Dear Lauren,

Would you please tell me if “la linea guida” is the correct way to say “guideline”.

For example, would the following be an acceptable Italian sentence:

“Apprezzo la linee guide che mi hai dato riguardo all’uso del  verbo – essere.”
I appreciate the guideline that you gave me about the use of the verb – essere.

Thank you.

Hi Rich,

Yes, linea guida does mean guideline.

Just one small correction to make to your sentence - you have written 'la linee guide.' Of course, this would have to be changed to the plural 'le' or you could make the whole thing singular and say 'la linea guida.' Apart from that, what you have written is correct and acceptable.

Kind regards,

Italian Language

Lauren O' Hagan

Although not my mother tongue, I have spoken Italian fluently for more than 12 years so I am very confident to answer any questions about the Italian language. I am also competent in Roman Dialect if there are any questions relating to this.

MA Applied Linguistics First Class Honours in Modern Language Studies (Linguistics, Italian, Spanish) Received the top grade in the whole of UK for GCSE Italian, receiving a letter of congratulations from the Italian Consulate Completed my two-year A Level in 1 year with a grade A country. Carried out many translation jobs for a wide range of clients and topics including self-help, literature and exam papers. For personal reference, I have also translated Federico Moccia's Tre Metri Sopra Il Cielo and 2 of Francesco Totti's book.

El Pensador, University of Bristol

See expertise section

Letter of recognition from the Italian consulate MA Applied Linguistics BA Hons Modern Language Studies CELTA qualified C1 CILS C2 DELE

ZigZag Education Ultimate Lifestyle Project Victor Lujan