Italian Language/la linea guida

Question
Dear Lauren,

Would you please tell me if “la linea guida” is the correct way to say “guideline”.

For example, would the following be an acceptable Italian sentence:

“Apprezzo la linee guide che mi hai dato riguardo all’uso del  verbo – essere.”
I appreciate the guideline that you gave me about the use of the verb – essere.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Rich

Answer
Hi Rich,

Yes, linea guida does mean guideline.

Just one small correction to make to your sentence - you have written 'la linee guide.' Of course, this would have to be changed to the plural 'le' or you could make the whole thing singular and say 'la linea guida.' Apart from that, what you have written is correct and acceptable.

Kind regards,
Lauren

Italian Language

Lauren O' Hagan