Italian Language/translation

Question
Dear Maria,

My question is about the following sentences that I received on an e-mail message from IBS Libri ()

Novità, grandi autori e grandi bestseller -25%!

Una nuova promozione libri da non perdere: più di 15,000 novità e bestseller a – 25%

Would you please tell me if my translations are correct or not

Novità, grandi autori e grandi bestseller - 25%!
New books, great authors and great bestsellers – discounted 25%

A new books promotion not to miss:  more than 15,000 new books and bestsellers at 25% discount

Can you please verify that I was correct to translate “novità” as “new books”?

Can you please tell me if “da non perdere” (not to miss) is an example of “da” being placed before an infinitive to express future action?

Lastly,can you please explain what is meant by“  -25%  ” . Is a dash before a number followed by the percent sign (as in -25%)  a common code for something?  Does this mean that the price of the item is lowered by 25%  ?

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Rich

Answer
Dear Rich,

In “Novità, grandi autori e grandi bestseller - 25%”  (“New books, great authors and great bestsellers, discounted 25%” or “New books, great authors and great bestsellers at 25% discount”) as well as in “Una nuova promozione di libri da non perdere: più di 15.000 novità e bestseller a – 25%” (A new books promotion not to miss:  more than 15,000 new books and bestsellers at 25% discount ) the form  “ -25% ” means  exactly that the price of the item is lowered by 25 percent, and the dash is not a punctuation mark, but the minus sign before 25% .

As for  “novità”  translated here as “new books”, it is correct.

Similarly it is correct to say that “da non perdere” (not to miss) is an example of “da” being placed before an infinitive to express future action as well as a necessity, just to denote that such promotion must not be missed.

Hope all is clear enough.

Have a nice day,

Maria  

Italian Language

Maria