Italian Language/"gold" and "golden" in Italian

Question
Dear Maria,

Would you please explain the proper way to say “gold” and “golden” in Italian.  

I have seen the terms - “oro”  “d’oro” and “dorato”, but I am unsure how to correctly use these terms.

I think it would help me very much if you would please tell me how to say the following:

"The house is painted gold."     
Where “gold” is a color.
“gold” used as an adjective

"His favorite color is gold."     
Where “gold” is a color.  
“gold” used as a noun

"The bracelet is made of gold."   
Where “gold” is a precious metal.  
“gold” used as a noun

"She has a golden bracelet."        
Where “golden” is a precious metal.  
“golden” used as an adjective

"He has a heart of gold."          
Where “gold” is describing a person with a good heart.
“gold” used as a noun

Thank you very, very much.  I really appreciate your help.

Sincerely,

Rich

Answer
Dear Rich,

glad to read your question.
So, the proper way to say “gold” and “golden” in Italian depends on the sentence where they are, so that we can use “oro”, “d’oro”, “dorato”, “giallo”, “giallo oro”, according to the term they refer to.

For example, we say: “corona d’oro” (golden crown), “capelli biondo oro “(golden hair), “nozze d’oro” (golden wedding), “un lingotto d’oro” (a gold  ingot), "giallo oro"(golden yellow), “un tramonto dorato” (a  golden  sunset), “le luci dorate della sera” (the golden lights of the evening), etc.

That being stated, please note that:

1)"The house is painted gold”, where “gold” is a color and “gold”is used as an adjective, translates as “La casa č dipinta di giallo” where “di giallo” stands for “di colore giallo oro”.

2)"His favorite color is gold", where “gold” is a color, translates as “Il suo colore preferito č il giallo oro”.

3)"The bracelet is made of gold", where “gold” is a precious metal, translates as “Il braccialetto č d’oro”.

4)"She has a golden bracelet", where “golden”, used as an adjective, is a precious metal, translates as “Lei ha un braccialetto d’oro”.

5)"He has a heart of gold", where “gold” is describing a person with a good heart, translates as “Egli/Lui ha un cuore d’oro” where “d’oro” is used metaphorically, of course.

Hope this can be helpful to you.

All the best,

Maria

Italian Language

Maria