Italy/Venice to Foggia

Hi Marjorie

Can you please help me, we are flying into Venice staying there for a week than going to Foggia.

Can you please advise what train to get and approx how much is the train fare.

Hello Michael,

To travel by train from Venezia to Foggia you will have to change trains at either Bologna or Roma.  The travel time will be a maximum of 71/2 hours, including the change of train.  There are frequent trains between Venezia Santa Lucia station and either Roma or Bologna.  To minimize the layover, you should check the online tables at for the best connections.  (I ran the following search just to check:  The fares can be as low as 80 Euro per person or as high as 200 Euro per person depending on the class of service you choose.

I hope some of that is helpful to you!  Enjoy your time in Italia!

Marjorie Sterne

I can answer many types of questions about travel in Venice Italy including questions on the topics of transportation, wireless communications, restaurants and/or shopping for food, bars and nightlife, shopping for locally produced souvenirs, where to acquire personal necessities, how to do laundry, the Lido di Venezia, excursions to the outlying islands, and how to rent apartments for short terms stays. Unfortunately I am unable to answer questions about hotels in Venice and I do not hold myself forth as an expert on the historical sites of the city. But I can, of course, recommend my personal favorite museums!

My first visit was in the summer of the year 2000, when I stumbled off a train at Santa Lucia Station with absolutely no idea of the wonders that awaited me outdoors. I have since been visiting Venice at least twice a year, usually spending at least three weeks at a stretch. Yes! I am one of those people who fell in love with the city at first site. In the winter of 2010 I authored and published the OG Venice Travel Guide which is a top ten guide to Venice on the iTunes App Store and is now also available through,, the Google eBookstore and the Apple iBookstore. OG Venice Travel Guide focuses primarily on providing detailed practical information about life in Venice such as how to get around town, where to eat good food at a reasonable price, where to buy genuine locally produced goods and how to do normal things like wash clothing or buy outlet converters. Originally imagined as a guide primarily for students and long term visitors, OG Venice Travel Guide has proved popular with a much larger audience and has gained a reputation locally in Venice as the guide that introduces the "real Venice" to visitors.

State of Wisconsin Bar Association American Bar Association

OG Venice Travel Guide Law & Entrepreneurship News

High School: Loomis Chaffee School College: Sarah Lawrence College Graduate School: University of Wisconsin Law School Abroad Studies: Institute for American Universities, Aix en Provence, France 1994; George Washington University at the Max Plank Institute, Munich, Germany 2004; Vanderbilt University in Venice, Venice, Italy 2004