Italy/rail travel

Question
Hello,

My husband and I are lucky enough to be taking the Bernina Express the end of September 2013 and would like to know how we get from Lugano, Switzerland to Milan, Italy. I feel sure there is a train and I am just not looking in the right place. Would you please advise me and send me on the correct path?
Thank you so much!

Answer
Hello Christinr,

I'm sorry it took me so long to respond to your question.  (I did't know it was waiting!). Yes, there are regular trains between Lugano and Milan.  You'll go from Stazione di Lugano to Milano Centrale.  It will take just over an hour.  I doubt it's necessary to book online, but raileurope does have a schedule available.  This is just a sample-  http://www.raileurope-world.com/rail-products/journeys-insight/article/lugano-mi.  

Sounds like you are in the vacation of a lifetime!  Enjoy!

Marjorie

Italy

Marjorie Sterne