Italy/Aged Care in Italy

Can you tell me the current population of Italy.
The percentage of people of 65 years of age.
What is life expectancy in Italy..for males and for females
What care is available for the elderly in Italy.
Do they have in home care and Aged Care facilities. Does the family pay and do the Government contribute.
What is the cost per month approx for someone to live in Aged Care.
I really appreciate your assistance.

Sorry - it looked like a homework one. We get so many of those and none of us get a penny for helping so we don't have the time to do everybody's homework.
Anyway your answers are:
Population  65 years and over: 20.2% (male 4,903,762/female 6,840,444) (2010 est.)
   Life expectancy 81.8 years
   male: 79.2 years (2010)
   female: 84.4 years (2010)
Most old people live at home and there families take care of them.  There are a few government run old age homes but I don't know the cost.  More information available at  

Andrew Smith

I can answer questions on Italy in general and more specifically on the regions of Italy I cover on my websites and namely the Veneto Piedmont, Marche and Sardinia. I am also very able to answer any Italian business related questions owing to my extensive business experience in Italy over the last ten years. My wife Maria is Italian and her family has lived in the Veneto region of Italy for countless generations. Anything I don't know she is happy to help me answer!

I have lived in Turin Italy for ten years and have traveled extensively within Italy. I have three web sites dedicated to the regions of Italy I know best - I am fluent in Italian and I love Italy with a deep passion.

College graduate from the University of West London. I qualified in Business and Finance