Italy/Papal audience

Do you think it is worthwhile booking a private audience with the Pope?  I realise when they say "private" there are 1000's of people there.

Hello Jenny,

In a word no. It takes a lot of organizing and a lot of time and at the end of the day it's on;only for the open air Wednesday papal audiences where you will be sitted closer to him. To check out all the details open up this link:

My advice is to simply go along around 10.00am on one of his Wednesday audiences when you are next in Rome and enjoy that experience without all the fuss of 'moving up closer' to him.

Peter Kilby

Can answer questions on general travel in Italy (in particular in Rome, Florence, Tuscany, Umbria and Venice) with a focus on history, art and museums.

I have lived in Italy for 25 years and I'm currently living in southern Tuscany. I have worked in tourism in Italy for 20 years and in that time I've created a reputation that is highly regarded in the USA, Australia and NZ. I've also created: and and I'm currently working on new iPhone apps, beginning with locations in Florence.

Organizations These days I write exclusively for this website.

The Hearld Sun and The Age newspapers in Australia. Enzine and GoArticles on the internet. British Heritage magazine out of the UK and the USA.

Australian College degrees in Fine Arts (Painting), Journalism and History.

1987 - Italian Government Scholarship to study Painting at the Rome Academy.

I have dedicated the last 2 years of my life in developing and improving: