Italy/Livorno to pisa

Question
My wife and I are doing 2 cruises back to back on Celebrity in November.  We have been to Rome and will be staying 2 nights there prior to the cruising.  I have that planned already.  I'm wondering if it is possible to take a train from Livorno to Pisa to see the leaning tower.  The excursions all start at $150 and the train seems to be about $8-12.  Wed are both in good shape and enjoy exploring new cities.  Any suggestions welcomed.  We are also visiting: Corfu Greece, Ravenna, Venice (2 days) Catania and another day in Florence.  Thanks for the time.  Bernie

Answer
Bernie,

The train ride from Livorno to Pisa is about 15-20 minutes.
The problem with cruises is that you don't get to spend enough time in any one place. Every destination on your itinerary is great, but it would be better a more enriched experience if you spent all of that time in Venice and Florence.

Italy

John Galietti