Italy/Day trip of Amalfi coast from Naples

Hello John,
  My parents are visiting Italy in October and will be in Naples from 17th Oct to 19th Oct  .  They would like to do a day trip to Sorrento, Amalfi Coast,etc. from Naples while they are here.  What tours/itineraries you recommend?  Its just the two of them so they don't want to hire a private car to drive around as it will be expensive. However, they do not mind taking a shared tour.

Thank you for your recommendations.

Sorrento in my opinion is the least interesting destination along the coast. I would not spend any time there. Traveling along the coast by bus is the way the locals do it. And you would get to see the beauty of the coastline. Positano is a pretty beach town with lots of boutiques and nice seafood restaurants at the beach.
Amalfi is a great town and one of my favorites. Above Amalfi, on a mountaintop is the gem of the coast.......a small town called Ravello. It is so beautiful up there. This town is my favorite spot in all of Italy!! Beautiful gardens, a charming piazza, and amazing food.

I am not familiar with tours of the coast, but you might want to look into Wagnor Tours out of Ravello. If you would be interested in more of my information, I have a lot already in my computer. I could forward it along if you provide me with an e-mail address.

Please contact me with any other questions.

John Galietti

John Galietti

The Amalfi Coast is my passion and area of expertise. I am very familiar with the history of the region. I can discuss accomodations in many of the towns along the coast. None of my passions are greater than that of food. I can be of great help with the food and restaurants of this coast. I believe that I have a total understanding of how to travel and get around when visiting this area.....something that can be quite helpful.

I have experienced many extended visits to this area during the past 27 years. My wife and I were married there before it was a popular thing to do with Americans. In addition to the wedding trip there have been anniversary trips which have each included more that two dozen travelers and numerous visits usually for a period of about three weeks with just my wife. I am constantly arranging trips to this area for clients of my business in New York City. I have explored the back roads and small towns in the mountains.

I am a member of the Professional Beauty Association (PBA) and the former The Salon Association where my involvement icluded 12 years of participating as a board director. Today I participate with and chair a few of the association's committees.

My writing has appeared in Salon Today, American Salon and Modern Salon.

I studied architecture and worked in the field for many years, which included design work, model building and fieldwork. I graduated from Brooklyn Tech in 1969.

Recognized for my years of volunteering time to PBA as a board member, Community Builder of the Year, and the salon that my wife and I own was recognized by the industry as one of the fastest growing salons in North America for three consecutuive years.

As a model builder I worked for many very prestigeous architects including Philip Johnson, Richard Meyer, Peter Eisenman, Frank William's (who does most of Trump's work)and Charles Gwathmy. When I was involved with residential work clients included Jane Pauly and Gary Trudeau, Sam Waters (the art dealer, Frank Mori (from the fashoin industry) and Karl Von Der Hyden (of Nabisco and Pepsi). Since being involved with the beauty industry our clients have included Donna Hanover, Felicity Huffman, Willy DeVille, Uma Thurman and many writers artista and producers.