You were kind enough to act as tour guide for my family (two terrifying twins) 15 years ago, and helped some of our Berkeley neighbors since.  Are you still cicerone-ing?  If so, what's the best way to contact you for details??

Hello Norm,

Thank you for tracking me down here at AllExperts. Was it 15 years ago??? I'm obviously getting old but to answer your question yes, I'm still touring in Rome, Florence, southern Tuscany and parts of Umbria. Just about anywhere in Italy really, depending on where a client is going and wants me.

Best way to contact me is to email me at:

I am sorry for the delay. I only picked up my computer today after more than a week without it having the hard drive replaced. I'm currently visiting in Australia and will be back in Italy on April 3.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Best regards,

Peter Kilby

Can answer questions on general travel in Italy (in particular in Rome, Florence, Tuscany, Umbria and Venice) with a focus on history, art and museums.

I have lived in Italy for 25 years and I'm currently living in southern Tuscany. I have worked in tourism in Italy for 20 years and in that time I've created a reputation that is highly regarded in the USA, Australia and NZ. I've also created: and and I'm currently working on new iPhone apps, beginning with locations in Florence.

Organizations These days I write exclusively for this website.

The Hearld Sun and The Age newspapers in Australia. Enzine and GoArticles on the internet. British Heritage magazine out of the UK and the USA.

Australian College degrees in Fine Arts (Painting), Journalism and History.

1987 - Italian Government Scholarship to study Painting at the Rome Academy.

I have dedicated the last 2 years of my life in developing and improving: