Italy/Amalfi Coast

Question
QUESTION: I do not know if you received my request of a few weeks ago ???

My wife and I will e arriving to SALERNO by cruise ship and would like to take a day trip to Amalfi by ferry; is there ferry service close to the ship dock. Can you assist on how to do that and where do we walk ..... details and suggestions would be welcome. THANKS

ANSWER: Richard,
I apologize. I have not been spending time on line for the past few weeks.
The Amalfi Coast is my favorite area of Italy. The town of Amalfi is very special because it has a lot to offer to visitors yet it has not become a totaly tourist oriented town. You can experience the local people and culture here.
The main port and pier along this coastline is at Amalfi, which makes it a convenient location. Also the bus center of the coastline, which is a very convenient form of transportation here, accessing the entire coastline. There is one main street heading into the heart of the town and the valley beginning at the piers. Just head straight in to town. Explore the small walkways which head up stairways from the main street. You will find local authenticity and AMAZING food at small family run trattorias.
Above the seaport town, immediately north, located on a mountaintop above the concentration of people, is the town of Ravello. In my opinion the most special, and memorable small town in all of Italy.
If you would be interested I would be glad to forward a good deal of very helpful and informative info regarding this area which I have compiled over the years. You would have to provide me with your e-mail address. And please be sure to let me know of anything else I could help you with pertaining to this trip.
Keep me updated and have a great trip.

John Galietti

QUESTION: Hi John,

The reply that you gave me sound very much like a pre set answer that you have compiled for all your Amalfi replies; not what I expected from an ALL Experts volunteer. You did not even touch on my question, but decided it was OK to send your "stock" reply.... when I rate your reply, should I be honest for other viewers to know that you are (1) non responsive and (2) do not read the requests; maybe it would be better if I also CC the administrator of this web page...... over to you.

Answer
I thought I answered your question plus added more info regarding the Amalfi Coast. I mentioned the pier at Amalfi indicating that the town accepts ferry service. I did not offer detailed info regarding the service from Salerno because I have no experience with that town and mistakingly assumed that you would find out about that aboard your cruise ship before arriving. I am sorry. My reply was an original reply, and I even offered to send you more info which is, yes, an existing text because it has been assembled over the years and is a wealth of helpful and interesting info regarding the most beautiful area in all of Italy.

I am not familiar with Salerno. It is a busy commercial seaport town and is removed from the beauty, romance and charm of this coastline so I have never chosen to spend time there. I do know that you can find some authentic local eateries there.

I do not know why you are so angry, but please know that I will not respond to you any further. I enjoy volunteering my time with AllExperts. I do so out of passion for a place that my wife and I love. I enjoy being helpful and have always received appreciative responses. I am not the least bit concerned about your rating of me.  

Italy

John Galietti