Italy/train travel

Question
I have been trying to buy tickets for train travel between Venice or Trieste to Ljubljana, Slovenia which we have done many times before.  This time they want to route us up to Villach, Austria which will take many hours.  Is there a problem at the border?

Thank you so much,
Dorothy

Answer
Hello Dorothy,

I am afraid I have no information, past or present about how to purchase rail tickets for travel between Venice and or Trieste to Ljubljana in Slovenia. I suggest you do more research using Tren Italia's own website:

http://www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=4ddd1a035296f310VgnVCM100000

And if you do not have any satisfaction there I would contact the nearest Italian embassy to you and ask them the same question. Because of the recent large movement of migrants across that part of Europe from places like Hungary there may be some "real" train interruptions.

I'm sorry I cannot be of more service to you.

Peter Kilby

Italy

Peter Kilby