Italy/Rome for a day with a guide

Hello.  My wife will be in Rome for the first time soon, and she would like to have a guide for a private one-on-one guided walking tour of Rome for one day.  She does not need any other travel services, such as accommodations or transportation while in Italy.  Can you recommend guide/docent companies or services or individuals that are willing to provide a guide for a one-day tour of Rome for a first-time visitor?  Thanks!

Hello Bill,

Thank you for your message. If I wasn't leaving for Australia (Melbourne is my distant home) for almost 3 months on Monday, January 18 I would happily put my hand up and suggest your wife use my services in that great city.

Can I suggest you contact Marian using her email address: in the hope that she is working over the January/February period. Do let her know that I suggested you contact her.

Peter Kilby  

Peter Kilby

Can answer questions on general travel in Italy (in particular in Rome, Florence, Tuscany, Umbria and Venice) with a focus on history, art and museums.

I have lived in Italy for 25 years and I'm currently living in southern Tuscany. I have worked in tourism in Italy for 20 years and in that time I've created a reputation that is highly regarded in the USA, Australia and NZ. I've also created: and and I'm currently working on new iPhone apps, beginning with locations in Florence.

Organizations These days I write exclusively for this website.

The Hearld Sun and The Age newspapers in Australia. Enzine and GoArticles on the internet. British Heritage magazine out of the UK and the USA.

Australian College degrees in Fine Arts (Painting), Journalism and History.

1987 - Italian Government Scholarship to study Painting at the Rome Academy.

I have dedicated the last 2 years of my life in developing and improving: