Italy/Amalfi honeymoon

Thank you for sharing your expertise (most importantly!) Can you provide suggestions for a honeymoon trip to Amalfi. We will have 6 total nights and think we would like 2 properties for 5 of the six nights with the last night at the Naples airport as we have a 7:00am flight out. A Naples airport recommendation would also be appreciated. Also if you have a recommendation for an airport driver and one day excursion by private car that would be so helpful. We like what we see in description of Palazzo Avino and could possibly afford this for a night or two. Our desired hotel budget would ideally be under $500 per night. All food and cultural recommendation would also be greatly appreciate. Again many thanks for your assistance.

Dear Honeymooners,
    This is very exciting for me. While I might be the "Amalfi Coast expert" it is Ravello that is Heaven on earth for my wife and I. I fell in love with Ravello 30 years ago, at a time when very few Americans visited there. When we were married there the local people found that to be very interesting and we have established wonderful relationships in that town since then. I would love to know how you became aware of Ravello. When will you be traveling for your honeymoon? I will answer your specific questions as well as I can. However, if you would provide me with your e-mail address I could forward a good deal of very helpful information on Ravello and the Amalfi Coast to you.
    We had about two dozen guests for our wedding and our 10th & 20th anniversaries in Ravello. And there have been many visits in between. So I can forward to you a copy of the information package that I put together for all of our friends. It really contains a good deal of very helpful information. I would love to forward that to you.
My e-mail is........
Ravello is the perfect home base from which to explore the Amalfi Coast. I do not know how much of your plans are already established, but I would recommend staying at the Villa Maria. I know the owner and staff there very well, and while there is not an undesirable location in town I do love the location of the Villa Maria. The owner, Vincenzo Palumbo is a local establishment himself and embodies Ravello. Their restaurant is special. It is elegant and sophisticated in a way that is not typical to the area. The food in the Amalfi area is special in general. Very rustic in a tremendously gourmet way. With any contact that you might have at Villa Maria, be sure to mention myself and my wife to Tina and Vincenzo. All of the restaurants in Ravello and Amalfi are fantastic. I do have to say that I have not been impressed by the meals served at the few "upscale" hotels and villas. In my opinion they are trying too hard and seem to cater to tourists and not true foodies. I am an obsessed foodie!
    I am not familiar with hotels near the Naples airport. We usually fly into Rome, take a relaxing car service to Ravello, arrive for lunch, and then on the return trip home we spend a few nights in Rome.
    I have never been disappointed with a car service in this area. One business card that I have retained is.....
Mansi Raimondo & Augusto
    +39 368.610442
    Also, Tina, the manager at Villa Maria can be very helpful with any arrangements and recommendations that you might be interested in.
    The information package that I would like to forward to you includes a good deal of food and cultural recommendations.
    I live in the Hamptons in Eastern Long Island and we also keep a studio in the East Village of Manhattan. If either is convenient to you it would be fun to have dinner together. Please be sure to feel free to reach out to me with any questions or anything that I can help you with. It is wonderful to be able to help you with a honeymoon that is going to be especially memorable.

Ciao for now,
John Galietti ( my wife is Xena)

John Galietti

The Amalfi Coast is my passion and area of expertise. I am very familiar with the history of the region. I can discuss accomodations in many of the towns along the coast. None of my passions are greater than that of food. I can be of great help with the food and restaurants of this coast. I believe that I have a total understanding of how to travel and get around when visiting this area.....something that can be quite helpful.

I have experienced many extended visits to this area during the past 27 years. My wife and I were married there before it was a popular thing to do with Americans. In addition to the wedding trip there have been anniversary trips which have each included more that two dozen travelers and numerous visits usually for a period of about three weeks with just my wife. I am constantly arranging trips to this area for clients of my business in New York City. I have explored the back roads and small towns in the mountains.

I am a member of the Professional Beauty Association (PBA) and the former The Salon Association where my involvement icluded 12 years of participating as a board director. Today I participate with and chair a few of the association's committees.

My writing has appeared in Salon Today, American Salon and Modern Salon.

I studied architecture and worked in the field for many years, which included design work, model building and fieldwork. I graduated from Brooklyn Tech in 1969.

Recognized for my years of volunteering time to PBA as a board member, Community Builder of the Year, and the salon that my wife and I own was recognized by the industry as one of the fastest growing salons in North America for three consecutuive years.

As a model builder I worked for many very prestigeous architects including Philip Johnson, Richard Meyer, Peter Eisenman, Frank William's (who does most of Trump's work)and Charles Gwathmy. When I was involved with residential work clients included Jane Pauly and Gary Trudeau, Sam Waters (the art dealer, Frank Mori (from the fashoin industry) and Karl Von Der Hyden (of Nabisco and Pepsi). Since being involved with the beauty industry our clients have included Donna Hanover, Felicity Huffman, Willy DeVille, Uma Thurman and many writers artista and producers.