Jack Russells/Jack Russell Puppy 2 questions

Bailey 10 Weeks
Bailey 10 Weeks  

Bailey 11 weeks
Bailey 11 weeks  
1.  Is it safe to walk with a 12 week old puppy 2 to 2 1/2 miles I have taken her for 1.20 miles so far... she would keep going if I let her.. it was about 30 mins..
I was worried about her legs,age ,heart,  etc....

2. she will not stop play/excitment biting us...with her needle teeth... we say no biting.. and put her down with a toy or chew.. or say no bitting.. until she just licks us we say good girl .. just kisses..  ... she wiggle so much..while biting when she first see's us... its hard ... because is all over the place biting our hands.. and nipping at our neck face etc. ???

Hi Cathy,

Baily is a Parsons with those long legs! I think you're smart to stop at 1.20 but add a little bit more each day for about a month until she's up to the 2.5 miles.  Pretty puppy, Congratulations! Parsons are hunting jacks and will definitely test you on the biting. Keep doing what you are doing, it's exactly correct, just don't give up, she's still very young. It could take another 8 weeks before she understands completely, but she will learn, just keep consistent!! Best of luck with her!!  

Jack Russells

Carol F

Questions on "Jack" Russell Terriers pertaining to their health, well being, general questions on breed, types, size, shape, health, personalities, behavior problems, genetics, so called standard, what to look for when purchasing, and if you would be a good match with this wonderful and unique dog. Too many times, people buy jack puppies because they are absolutely adorable, and then a few months down the road they own this dog that they know nothing about and haven't prepared or trained for. I love the breed and everything about them and hope to provide some help, education and advice to current and prospective owners. I am a veterinary technician, dog trainer and breeder of Jack Russells.

I own four Jack Russells and I have been working with dogs for 30 years. My personal interest is in helping educate people about the very special qualities of this breed. I advocate education and research of the breed before you buy one, they are wonderful pets if suited with the right person/family. Do your homework first! I can help you determine if you are a good match with this breed. I want people to know also that there are two types of Jack Russells, the Parson hunter with long legs and the Shortie or Russell Terrier and their very distinct differences. I also hope to allay fears about their CRAZY reputations - which is not always the case. ~*~*~*IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ*~*~*~ PLEASE NOTE: I DO NOT ENDORSE THE SALE OF ANY JACK RUSSELLS OR JACK RUSSELL PUPPIES THAT MAY BE ADVERTISED ON THIS PAGE. BEWARE OF PUPPY MILLS OR OTHER PLACES THAT SELL MANY DIFFERENT DOGS OVER THE INTERNET. ALSO I DO NOT ENDORSE ANY VIDEOS OR TRAINING TAPES THAT ARE ADVERTISED ON THIS PAGE. I WILL BE HAPPY TO HELP YOU PICK OUT A REPUTABLE TRAINER/VIDEO SERIES OR EVEN PUPPIES IF PRIVATELY ASKED. I DO NOT ENDORSE ANY SALES ADVERTISEMENTS ON THIS PAGE.

Jack Russell Meet Up Russell Terrier. net Attleboro Dog Park Committee No Puppy Humane Society

Veterinary Technician - Newbury College 1982 - 1985