Jack Russells/Harness problem

Question
Hi, I have a 3 yr. old female "Houdini" Jack Russell that knows how to slip out of her harness even when I keep it snug. She is so smart it's scary! She'll suddenly back up and free herself if she's snagged her leash and can't walk freely . Luckily she doesn't want to run away, just get untangled. Are there any special harnesses for Jacks or make a regular harness more escape-proof? I don't feel safe walking her and she has a lot of energy as you know!

Answer
Hi Maureen,

You should definitely try a different harness, go smaller so she can't escape out of it.
Or you could try a MARTINGALE collar that is excellent for Jack Russells and all dogs alike.
It's soft against the neck and doesn't hurt when pulling and I don't think she will be trying escape from it because it doesn't cover the whole body like a harness. These collars come very highly recommended. Best of luck and sorry for the delay, it was ALLEXPERTS website delay.  

Jack Russells

Carol F