Jack Russells/jack Russell puppy

Question
Hello. I have a jack russell bitch who just turned 5months today, we feed her 3 times a day but are concerned with her poo as she goes 4 times a day and are more the size of a full grown dogs. Is this nornal?

Answer
Rebecca,

She is still a growing puppy -  they eat and burn their food very quickly, so yes it's normal for her to be pooping this much.  You can definitely start skipping that middle meal, feeding more at two feedings instead of three; that might cut down on the number of times she has to go. Eventually into adulthood, she will establish a routine of going once or twice a day. Make sure you are feeding a high quality dog food with all the necessary nutrients; some junky dog foods have lots of fillers that make dogs poop more often too.  Good luck.

Jack Russells

Carol F