Jackson, Michael/Panther dance

Question
Hello!! :)

I have about the Black or White music video in school.
I have about the symbolism.
I just wonder what is you opinion about it.
And what does "no more wet backs", "nigger  go home" and "hitler lives" mean? and why does he use it in the video ?

Hope you can answer! <3

Answer
Helene,

I believe that the panther was simply Michael's way of showing his animal side, the kind that wants to growl and lash out at people when angry, whereas he is normally calm and tolerant of people.

As far as the "no more wetbacks" and "nigger go home," and "hitler lives." This is his way of showing his anger for these ideas. He lashes out at these written statements in the video and basically unleashes his frustration toward them.

It's simply all symbolic and his way of demonstrating his frustration with the world and the hate within it.

Jackson, Michael

Adena Canterbury-Happy Bday MJ