Jaguar Repair/1985 Jaguar XJ6 4.2 starting problems

ncjagman wrote at 2012-11-24 15:55:42
Hi Martin

I own a 1987 xj6 series 3 and I had what sounds like the same problem you are having. I corrected it by removing the hoses attached to the throttle body and uncloging them by blowing pressurized air through them.I also removed the breather cap and if you remove the housing where the cap is attached you will see a screen filter,remove it and clean it with carburetor cleaner and re install it , it worked for me hopefully it will work for you too.

It might sound complicated but there are only 4 screws that hold the breather cap housing,          good luck!!

Jaguar Repair

Howard M. Fitzcharles III

Jaguar from the XK 120 to XJ-6 ser. 3 1987

Dealership line mechanic on MG, Triumph, Jaguar for 15 years, Instructor in commercial mechanics school 2 yr. Product information manager for piston and valve manufacture, Instructor & hotline answer man for import car parts importer 15 yrs.

Associate member SAE EAA member

Import Car magazine

ASE Master Auto with L-1 certification up to 2000