Jaguar Repair/fuel switch 84 xj6

Question
When the fuel switch is pushed in, which tank am I running on?  Thanks

Answer
Hi Bob,

I think all the Series III cars has the switch on the left tank when pushed in. Click the switch to the "Out" position and look an the right side of the button and see if it says "R" or "Right" on the button. But I think all were on the left tank with it "In".

When the switch is "In" (on the left tank) all power is turned "Off" to the tank switching valve and the two return valves. This was designed that way so if any electrical failure in the switch system would occure you could always operate off of the left tank.

The only kind of failure in the system that did not count would be a sticking valve in any of the switching valves.

Howard

Jaguar Repair

Howard M. Fitzcharles III