Jaguar Repair/My 2007 XJ6 VTDI will not start

Question
2007 XJ VTDI will not start
My XJ6 diesel with low fuel put himself on reduced power and stopped completely.
I've filled up the tank and tried to start but the engine start only for 8 seconds and stopped again.
I've changed dieselfilter and cleaned the tank checked the pomps in it evrerything ok but have the same problem.
Engine start and impossible accelerate and after few seconds go out.
What to do.
I'm in THE GAMBIA in West Africa and no Jaguar Dealer arround

Answer
Hi Bela,

Sorry, but I can't help, as I have no experience on Diesel engines and never even seen a Diesel Jaguar as all my years working in Jaguar dealerships was in the US.

Hopefully someone reading this who knows Jaguar Diesels will contact this Internet program and offer some assistance.

If all else fails, I believe any good diesel mechanic should be able to diagnose the problem even if they are not familuar with Jaguars. Any needed parts should be available from the Internet.

Howard

Jaguar Repair

Howard M. Fitzcharles III