Jaguar Repair/Air pump stays on after car is shut down

Question
pump
pump  
I have a 1996 XJS.  There is an air pump in the front left of the engine. Secondary air injection? see image.  It was just replaced.  It kept running for 40 minutes or so after turning the car off.  I started and stooped the engine a couplel of times but the pump kept running.  I disconnected the battery and it stopped but started back up when I reconnected the  battery.
Do you have any advice concerning how to unstick whatever is stuck?

Answer
You probably have a shorted relay. find your relay box and see if there is a relay for the air pump. If there is not, or if you can not find it, remove the relays one by one and see if the air pump stops. If that does not work remove the fuses until it stops. I hope that this helps. Sam

Jaguar Repair

Sammie H. Parker