Jaguar Repair/Jaguar XJ6 Ser III

It is time for me to get serious about repairing my heat and air system for one, and I today searched online and found what looks to be the book I need. While I have had a Haynes manual for years, I today found a "Jaguar XJ6, XJ12 Series III Official Service Manual" 13 sections, 506 pages at a website called "The Motor Bookstore" for $69. Does this sound like the real deal to you - as in THE manual that will help me continue to diagnose and repair electrical issues and my heat air system?

Hi Michael,

I have a factory manual for the Ser III XJ-6 & 12 and it too has 13 sections labeled as 13 books. But no ISBN number, as mine is a factory manual. If yours is a copy of the factory manual it will have a good manual on the heat and AC system. I still can not work on the AC system without it as the Climate Control system is complicated. I don't know how much, if any differences between the US version and the Euro version. I do know that the Euro version has manual vents in the kick panels in the foot wells for outside fresh air that is taken in via the vents just over the outer head lights. Do they show a picture of the cover? If so send me the picture. At least I can tell if it is the factory manual.

Jaguar Repair

Howard M. Fitzcharles III

Jaguar from the XK 120 to XJ-6 ser. 3 1987

Dealership line mechanic on MG, Triumph, Jaguar for 15 years, Instructor in commercial mechanics school 2 yr. Product information manager for piston and valve manufacture, Instructor & hotline answer man for import car parts importer 15 yrs.

Associate member SAE EAA member

Import Car magazine

ASE Master Auto with L-1 certification up to 2000