Jaguar Repair/1987 XJ6 4.2 Jaguar

Question
My battery keeps draining. I replaced the altenator and bought a new battery. I have checked the fuses and replaced a few. Now when I put the new battery on there is this constant sound even before I turn the engine on. The fuse panels had different fuse types than what the fuse boxes do. I checked my manual and replaced the fuses that were different than the manual. I don't think the car was rewired. The original radio was replaced and the antenna was broken so I unplugged it from the plug in. I put it back on but the noise is still there. What should I be looking for?
Thankyou

Answer
It sounds like you have a shorted fuel pump relay. Remove your fuel pump relay and see if the problem goes away. If it does not, open your trunk and see if your fuel pump is making the noise. Remove fuses and relays until you find the problem. I hope this helps. Sam

Jaguar Repair

Sammie H. Parker