Jaguar Repair/Reverse

Question
Today I put my 1986 XJ6 in reverse to back up a small grade and it vibrated a little and will only move in reverse if I press lightly on the gas. If I press harder on the gas it acts as if it is in neutral. I've had had no prior problem  with reverse. Forward seems fine. I have 60,000 miles on the car--mostly turnpike or open highway driving.

Thank you.

Answer
It sound like your transmission is about to go out. Please check your fluid level. If it is within limits, change your fluids and filter. It may or may not help. Check your linkage also from your shifter to your transmission. I hope that this helps. Sam

Jaguar Repair

Sammie H. Parker